Saturday, November 12, 2011

SCORE

There are a lot of things I love about running my own business. Mostly, I love bookbinding and I love working with people. I do not love marketing.

Primarily, I think my distaste for marketing and advertising stems from a general lack of knowledge, experience, and well, success. As I was searching the BYU Library's databases for a book or article to help clear the haze, I stumbled across a link for SCORE. I am amazed by this incredible resource and cannot wait to start taking advantage of some of these services.

Here is the gist of it:

  • Free, online tutorials for small business owners and startups
  • Free, local training
  • Free mentoring with local business professionals (options to email with a mentor available as well)
  • Free access to templates and tools
  • Local networking groups
Also, this video is inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment