Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How to Make an Envelope

You can make envelopes out of basically any kind of paper. I personally love to use scrap paper; it feels good to get some extra use out what would otherwise end up as garbage. Magazines are a perfect candidate.

 Sometimes I get to the end of a pastepaper extravaganza and wonder what I will do with all of the extra. Envelopes! 

First, decide what size you will need. I typically use a standard size envelope and then leave a little extra for tabs. When I first started making these, I took apart an envelope that I liked to use as a template. Paper Source also sells these fancy envelope templates.


Then, score your folds. It's nice to have a ruler and a bone folder, but I have used basically anything with a straight edge.

Next, crease your folds and secure the bottom 3 with a bit of glue or tape.

Voila! You can seal the final edge with whatever you like. I have a little wax seal that is fun to use, especially on scrap paper envelopes as it dresses things up a bit.

Your friends (or in my case, nieces) will be so impressed. And yes, you can send them in the mail as long as you have the correct postage.



No comments:

Post a Comment